Welcome to the Blood Orange Ltd. (we/us/our) privacy notice and cookies policy.
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
www.bloodorangefilm.com is a site owned and operated by Blood Orange Ltd, whose registered office is Blood Orange Ltd. 184 High St, Ingatestone, Essex, CM49EZ.
You can contact us by writing to us at Blood Orange Ltd. 184 High St, Ingatestone, Essex, CM49EZ, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our privacy manager is: Samuel Evans-Hendrick.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Blood Orange Ltd. is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out above.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
We may make changes to this Policy and therefore it is important that you read this policy each time you use or site.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We are aware of GDPR and how this might relate to our filming. Your likeness or an image of you may be perceived as your personal data, and as such may afford you certain rights under GDPR legislation. We often film live events, festivals, sporting activities and other situations where there are large crowds involved. If you feel your image or likeness has been used in one of our films and would prefer for it to be removed then please contact us at email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
SHORTENED LINKS IN SOCIAL MEDIA
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- IDENTITY DATA INCLUDES FIRST NAME, MAIDEN NAME, LAST NAME, MARITAL STATUS, TITLE, DATE OF BIRTH AND GENDER.
- CONTACT DATA INCLUDES, HOME AND/OR CONTACT ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS.
- EMPLOYMENT DATA INCLUDES YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, CONTACT DETAILS, PHOTOGRAPH, EDUCATION, WORK HISTORY, ELIGIBILITY FOR ROLE APPLIED FOR AND/OR ALL DETAILS THAT YOU MAINTAIN ON LINKEDIN WHEN YOU APPLY FOR A ROLE USING THE LINKEDIN OPTION.
- TECHNICAL DATA INCLUDES INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESS, YOUR LOGIN DATA, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, TIME ZONE SETTING AND LOCATION, BROWSER PLUG-IN TYPES AND VERSIONS, OPERATING SYSTEM AND PLATFORM AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY ON THE DEVICES YOU USE TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE.
- PROFILE DATA INCLUDES YOUR INTERESTS, PREFERENCES, FEEDBACK AND SURVEY RESPONSES.
- USAGE DATA INCLUDES INFORMATION ABOUT HOW YOU USE OUR WEBSITE.
- MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DATA INCLUDES YOUR PREFERENCES IN RECEIVING MARKETING FROM US AND OUR THIRD PARTIES AND YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Our Website does not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- DIRECT INTERACTIONS. YOU MAY GIVE US YOUR IDENTITY, CONTACT AND EMPLOYMENT DATA BY FILLING IN FORMS ON OUR SITE OR BY CORRESPONDING WITH US BY POST, PHONE, EMAIL OR OTHERWISE. THIS INCLUDES PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE WHEN YOU:
- APPLY TO USE OUR SERVICES; REQUEST INFORMATION FROM US;
- APPLY FOR A JOB WITH US;
- REQUEST MARKETING TO BE SENT TO YOU;
- ENTER A PROMOTION OR SURVEY; OR
- GIVE US SOME FEEDBACK.
- AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES OR INTERACTIONS. AS YOU INTERACT WITH OUR WEBSITE, WE MAY AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT TECHNICAL DATA ABOUT YOUR EQUIPMENT, BROWSING ACTIONS AND PATTERNS. WE COLLECT THIS PERSONAL DATA BY USING COOKIES, SERVER LOGS AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES. WE MAY ALSO RECEIVE TECHNICAL DATA ABOUT YOU IF YOU VISIT OTHER WEBSITES EMPLOYING OUR COOKIES.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- WHERE WE NEED TO PERFORM THE CONTRACT WE ARE ABOUT TO ENTER INTO OR HAVE ENTERED INTO WITH YOU.
- TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES THAT YOU REQUEST FROM THE WEBSITE.
- WHERE IT IS NECESSARY FOR OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS (OR THOSE OF A THIRD PARTY) AND YOUR INTERESTS AND FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS DO NOT OVERRIDE THOSE INTERESTS.
- WHERE WE NEED TO COMPLY WITH A LEGAL OR REGULATORY OBLIGATION.
- TO CONSIDER A JOB APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY YOU.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by Contacting us.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
We will never share your personal data with any company outside of our company for marketing purposes.
This site operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this site. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
We only send our email to those users have specifically requested us to do so.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR regulation. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies/people outside of the company that operates this website. You may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the top of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this site or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by Contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of your submitting a job application with us or our providing our services to you.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below.
- SPECIFIC THIRD PARTIES LISTED IN THE GLOSSARY,
- THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM WE MAY CHOOSE TO SELL, TRANSFER, OR MERGE PARTS OF OUR BUSINESS OR OUR ASSETS. ALTERNATIVELY, WE MAY SEEK TO ACQUIRE OTHER BUSINESSES OR MERGE WITH THEM. IF A CHANGE HAPPENS TO OUR BUSINESS, THEN THE NEW OWNERS MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THE SAME WAY AS SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We will not disclose your personal data to any other third parties without your specific consent unless we are required to do so by law.
As we use Mailchimp (for marketing emails) and Google (our mail server) who are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) some of your data may be transferred outside the EEA. Links to their privacy policies are set out below.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- WE WILL ONLY TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO COUNTRIES THAT HAVE BEEN DEEMED TO PROVIDE AN ADEQUATE LEVEL OF PROTECTION FOR PERSONAL DATA BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION. FOR FURTHER DETAILS, SEE EUROPEAN COMMISSION: ADEQUACY OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA IN NON-EU COUNTRIES.
- WHERE WE USE PROVIDERS BASED IN THE US, WE MAY TRANSFER DATA TO THEM IF THEY ARE PART OF THE PRIVACY SHIELD WHICH REQUIRES THEM TO PROVIDE SIMILAR PROTECTION TO PERSONAL DATA SHARED BETWEEN EUROPE AND THE US. FOR FURTHER DETAILS, SEE EUROPEAN COMMISSION: EU-US PRIVACY SHIELD.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data – please see below.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- REQUEST ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA (COMMONLY KNOWN AS A “DATA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST”). THIS ENABLES YOU TO RECEIVE A COPY OF THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND TO CHECK THAT WE ARE LAWFULLY PROCESSING IT.
- REQUEST CORRECTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU. THIS ENABLES YOU TO HAVE ANY INCOMPLETE OR INACCURATE DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU CORRECTED, THOUGH WE MAY NEED TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF THE NEW DATA YOU PROVIDE TO US.
- REQUEST ERASURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. THIS ENABLES YOU TO ASK US TO DELETE OR REMOVE PERSONAL DATA WHERE THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR US CONTINUING TO PROCESS IT. YOU ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK US TO DELETE OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHERE YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY EXERCISED YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING (SEE BELOW), WHERE WE MAY HAVE PROCESSED YOUR INFORMATION UNLAWFULLY OR WHERE WE ARE REQUIRED TO ERASE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO COMPLY WITH LOCAL LAW. NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT WE MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ABLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST OF ERASURE FOR SPECIFIC LEGAL REASONS WHICH WILL BE NOTIFIED TO YOU, IF APPLICABLE, AT THE TIME OF YOUR REQUEST.
- OBJECT TO PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHERE WE ARE RELYING ON A LEGITIMATE INTEREST (OR THOSE OF A THIRD PARTY) AND THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION WHICH MAKES YOU WANT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING ON THIS GROUND AS YOU FEEL IT IMPACTS ON YOUR FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS. YOU ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT WHERE WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN SOME CASES, WE MAY DEMONSTRATE THAT WE HAVE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS.
- REQUEST RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. THIS ENABLES YOU TO ASK US TO SUSPEND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THE FOLLOWING SCENARIOS: (A) IF YOU WANT US TO ESTABLISH THE DATA’S ACCURACY; (B) WHERE OUR USE OF THE DATA IS UNLAWFUL BUT YOU DO NOT WANT US TO ERASE IT; (C) WHERE YOU NEED US TO HOLD THE DATA EVEN IF WE NO LONGER REQUIRE IT AS YOU NEED IT TO ESTABLISH, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS; OR (D) YOU HAVE OBJECTED TO OUR USE OF YOUR DATA BUT WE NEED TO VERIFY WHETHER WE HAVE OVERRIDING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS TO USE IT.
- REQUEST THE TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO YOU OR TO A THIRD PARTY. WE WILL PROVIDE TO YOU, OR A THIRD PARTY YOU HAVE CHOSEN, YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN A STRUCTURED, COMMONLY USED, MACHINE-READABLE FORMAT. NOTE THAT THIS RIGHT ONLY APPLIES TO AUTOMATED INFORMATION WHICH YOU INITIALLY PROVIDED CONSENT FOR US TO USE OR WHERE WE USED THE INFORMATION TO PERFORM A CONTRACT WITH YOU.
- WITHDRAW CONSENT AT ANY TIME WHERE WE ARE RELYING ON CONSENT TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA. HOWEVER, THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE LAWFULNESS OF ANY PROCESSING CARRIED OUT BEFORE YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT. IF YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE CERTAIN PRODUCTS OR SERVICES TO YOU. WE WILL ADVISE YOU IF THIS IS THE CASE AT THE TIME YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by Contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Specific Third parties:
- SERVICE PROVIDERS ACTING AS PROCESSORS BASED WHO PROVIDE IT AND SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION SERVICES, MAILCHIMP (WHO PROCESS OUR MARKETING EMAILS) AND GOOGLE (OUR MAIL SERVER).
- PROFESSIONAL ADVISERS ACTING AS PROCESSORS OR JOINT CONTROLLERS INCLUDING LAWYERS, BANKERS, AUDITORS AND INSURERS WHO PROVIDE BANKING, LEGAL, INSURANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES.
- HM REVENUE & CUSTOMS (AND LIKE BODIES OUTSIDE OF THE UK), REGULATORS AND OTHER AUTHORITIES WHO REQUIRE REPORTING OF PROCESSING ACTIVITIES IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES. THESE ARE COOKIES THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR THE OPERATION OF OUR WEBSITE. THEY INCLUDE, FOR EXAMPLE, COOKIES THAT ENABLE YOU TO LOG INTO SECURE AREAS OF OUR WEBSITE, USE A SHOPPING CART OR MAKE USE OF E-BILLING SERVICES.
- ANALYTICAL/PERFORMANCE COOKIES. THEY ALLOW US TO RECOGNISE AND COUNT THE NUMBER OF VISITORS AND TO SEE HOW VISITORS MOVE AROUND OUR WEBSITE WHEN THEY ARE USING IT. THIS HELPS US TO IMPROVE THE WAY OUR WEBSITE WORKS, FOR EXAMPLE, BY ENSURING THAT USERS ARE FINDING WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR EASILY.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES. THESE ARE USED TO RECOGNISE YOU WHEN YOU RETURN TO OUR WEBSITE. THIS ENABLES US TO PERSONALISE OUR CONTENT FOR YOU, GREET YOU BY NAME AND REMEMBER YOUR PREFERENCES (FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR CHOICE OF LANGUAGE OR REGION).
- TARGETING COOKIES. THESE COOKIES RECORD YOUR VISIT TO OUR WEBSITE, THE PAGES YOU HAVE VISITED AND THE LINKS YOU HAVE FOLLOWED. WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION TO MAKE OUR WEBSITE AND THE ADVERTISING DISPLAYED ON IT MORE RELEVANT TO YOUR INTERESTS. WE MAY ALSO SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THIS PURPOSE.
Our website uses Third Party Cookies from the providers found below, if you require further information about what those cookies we have for ease of use inserted links to their policies.
- TWITTER HTTPS://TWITTER.COM/EN/PRIVACY
- FACEBOOK HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ABOUT/PRIVACY/
- GOOGLE HTTPS://POLICIES.GOOGLE.COM/PRIVACY
- LINKEDIN HTTPS://WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/LEGAL/PRIVACY-POLICY
- MAILCHIMP HTTPS://MAILCHIMP.COM/LEGAL/PRIVACY/
- VIMEO HTTPS://VIMEO.COM/PRIVACY
- SOUNDCLOUD HTTPS://SOUNDCLOUD.COM/PAGES/PRIVACY
- INSTAGRAM HTTPS://HELP.INSTAGRAM.COM/519522125107875?HELPREF=PAGE_CONTENT
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.